1. Philip Roth was hailed as a major new author in 1960.
A) published B) challenged
快乐网彩票 C) acclaimed D) guided
2. He was one of the principal organizers of the association.
快乐网彩票 A) planners B) employees
快乐网彩票 C) actors D) recipients
3. It is postulated that population trends have an effect on economic fluctuations.
快乐网彩票 A) challenged B) assumed
C) deducted D) decreed
4. This kind of animals are on the verge of extinction, because so many are being killed for their fur.
快乐网彩票 A) drying up B) dying out
C) being exported D) being transplanted
5. The train came to an abrupt stop, making us wonder where we were.
A) slow B) noisy
快乐网彩票 C) sudden D) jumpy
快乐网彩票 6. During the Second World War, all important resources in the U. S. were allocated by the federal government.
A) nationalized B) commandeered
快乐网彩票 C) taxed D) distributed
快乐网彩票 7. The little boy was so fascinated by the mighty river that he would spend hours sitting on its bank and gazing at the passing boats and rafts.
快乐网彩票 A) very strong B) very long
快乐网彩票 C) very great D) very fast
8. The stories of Sarah Orne Jewett are considered by many to be more authentically regional than those of Bret Harte.
快乐网彩票 A) elegantly B) genuinely
C) intentionally D) thoroughly
9. The number of the United States citizens who are eligible to vote continues to increase.
A) encouraged B) enforced
C) expected D) entitled
快乐网彩票 10. Formulated in 1823, the Monroe Doctrine asserted that the Americas were no longer open to European colonization,
A) stated firmly B) argued light-mindedly
C) thought seriously D) announced regrettably
11. Smoking is not permitted in the office,
A) probable B) possible
快乐网彩票 C) admitted D) allowed
12. The chairman proposed that we should stop the meeting.
A) stated B) declared
快乐网彩票 C) suggested D) announced
快乐网彩票 13. I feel regret about what's happened.
快乐网彩票 A) sorry B) disappointed
C) shameful D) disheartened
14. She has proved that she can be railed on in a crisis.
A) lived on B) depended on
C) lived off D) believed in
快乐网彩票 15. John removed his overcoat.
A) took away B) left aside
C) took off D) washed off
答案：CABBC DABDA DCABA